Saturday, January 24, 2009

Leapster2 touchscreen doesn't work

It took me a while to find in the web why the touchscreen of my son's Leapster2 had stopped working So I am posting the solution I found on the LeapFrog site. It works like a charm:

Why doesn't my Leapster2 respond to the stylus pen?

If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy:

1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted
2) Hold down the Hint button while turning the unit on
3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button
4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus
5) Restart unit

Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Leapster is not responding correctly to the stylus pen.
The stylus pen in my Leapster™ handheld is no longer working.
How do I delete a player profile from my Leapster2?